Cincoze DI-1100 is a rugged, modular embedded computer powered by an Intel Whiskey Lake processor that comes in a fanless metal enclosure with heat dissipation fins, but the company also offers an external fan that clips on top of the metal case for additional cooling when using high-power peripherals such as PoE cameras.
Designed for autonomous robots, in-vehicle use, environmental monitoring, and other industrial applications, the computer supports -40 to 70°C wide temperature range, 9 to 48 VDC input voltage range, and comes with plenty of I/Os including two Gigabit Ethernet ports, six USB ports, two RS232/422/485 interfaces, as well as mini PCIe sockets, and CFM and CFI expansion modules.
Cincoze DI-1100 specifications:
- Intel Whiskey Lake SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core processor up to 4.4 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core processor up to 4.10 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core processor up to 3.90 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 620; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 1x DDR4 SO-DIMM socket for up to 64GB 2400MHz RAM (un-buffered and non-ECC)
- 1x 2.5-inch Front Accessible SATA HDD/SSD Bay (SATA 3.0)
- 1x mSATA Socket (SATA 3.0, shared by Mini-PCIe socket)
- Support RAID 0/1
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 connector up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz
- 1x DisplayPort connector up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz
- 1x VGA connector up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- Realtek ALC888, high-definition audio
- 1x Line-out jack, 1x Mic-in jack
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet via Intel I219 (GbE1) and Intel I210 (GbE2)
- Optional WiFI and Bluetooth via mPCIe socket
- Optional 3G, 4G LTE via mPCIe socket plus 2x SIM card sockets
- 2x 10 Gbps USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports
- 2x 5 Gbps USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A ports
- 2x 480 Mbps USB 2.0 Type-A port
- Serial – 2x RS-232/422/485 DB9 connectors with auto flow control (supports 5V/12V)
- 1x PS/2 6-pin Mini-DIN
- 4-pin external FAN terminal block
- Clear CMOS switch
- ATX power button, AT/ATX mode switch
- Reset button with 0.2sec Instant Reboot technology
- Remote power on/off with LED (2x 2-pin terminal blocks)
- Watchdog timer
- 2x Full-size Mini-PCIe Socket
- CMI (Combined Multiple I/O) Interface
- 1x high-speed CMI Interface for optional CMI Module Expansion
- 1x low-speed CMI Interface for optional CMI Module Expansion
- CFM (Control Function Module) Interface – 1x CFM IGN Interface for optional CFM-IGN module for 12V/24V power ignition sensing
- Power Supply
- 9 – 48V DC via 3-pin terminal block
- Total Power Budget – 120W
- Over Voltage Protection
- Protection Range: 51 to 58V
- Protection Type: shut down operating voltage, re-power on at the preset level to recover
- Over Current Protection – 15A
- Surge Protection – 3.84 kV (impedance 12-ohm 1.2/50us waveform)
- Dimensions – 203 x 142 x 66.8 mm (fanless, unibody design, extruded aluminum with heavy-duty metal)
- Weight – 1.74 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40°C to 70°C; storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Relative Humidity – 95% RH @ 70°C (non-condensing)
- MTBF – 513,628 hours predicted with Telcordia SR-332 Issue3, Method 1, Case 3
- Shock & vibration – MIL-STD-810G
- EMC – CE, FCC, ICES-003 Class A, EN50121-3-2 (Railway), E-mark
- Safety – IEC/EN 62368-1
Four mounting options are offered with the system with wall, side, DIN Rail, and VESA mounting. The company offers Windows 10 and Linux operating systems and tested the operating temperature with PassMark Burn-In Test (100% CPU, 2D/3D Graphics) without experiencing thermal throttling.
It’s unclear whether this kind of hybrid fanless + fan design is as efficient as internal cooling, but it should retain one advantage of fanless systems in industrial environments: keeping the dust and corrosive substances out of the enclosure.
CMI (Combined Multiple I/O) and CFM (Control Function Module) are proprietary expansion modules from Cincoze that can be used to add features such as dual 10 GbE LAN (M12 A-coded or M12 X-coded), power ignition sensing, four PoE ports, and other interfaces to the company’s rugged computers. You’ll find the full list of options on the company’s accessories page.
No pricing nor availability information was provided for the Cincoze DI-1100 rugged computer. More details may be found on the product page and press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
I asked the company the meaning of “0.2 sec Instant Reboot technology”.
Pricing will probably be available on OnLogic, since they sell many of Cincoze’s other PCs.