Vecow ECX-3200 is an expandable, fanless embedded system powered by Intel 13th generation Core i9/i7/i5/i3 Raptor Lake-S processor or 12th generation Alder Lake-S processor designed for rugged Machine Vision, AMR, Rolling Stock, Smart Retail and Edge AI applications.
The ECX-3200 supports up to 64GB DDR5, SATA & NVMe storage, offers four 2.5GbE RJ45 or M12 ports with PoE+ on the rear panel, plus one additional Gigabit Ethernet port and a 2.5GbE port on the front panel, four video outputs up to 8Kp60 resolution, several USB 3.2 ports up to 20 Gbps, some serial ports, as well as isolated I/Os.
Vecow ECX-3200 specifications:
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR5-4800 (2x 32GB) via 2x SO-DIMM sockets
- 2x SATA III (6Gbps) with support for S/W RAID 0, 1, 2x front-access 2.5-inch SSD/HHD trays
- 1x M.2 Key M Socket (2280, PCIe x4)
- Video Output
- 2x DisplayPort up to 7680 x 4320 @ 60Hz or 5120 x 2880 @ 60Hz
- 1x DVI-I up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- 2x HDMI up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- Realtek ALC888S-VD audio codec supporting 7.1-channel HD audio
- 1x Mic-in jack, 1x Line-out jack
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel I219LM controller with iAMT support
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel I226-IT controller
- 4x 2.5GbE RJ45 or M12 ports with 802.3at (25.5W/48V) PoE+ support via Intel I226 controllers
- Optional WiFi and/or Bluetooth via M.2/mPCIe modems
- Optional 5G or 4G LTE via mini PCIe or M.2 modems, 3x Nano SIM card slots
- 6x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A connectors
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C connector up to 20Gbps data transfer (15W, 5V/3A)
- Serial – 4x COM RS-232/422/485
- 1x Mini PCIe socket for PCIe/USB/SIM Card, Optional mSATA
- 1x PCIe x16 slot
- 1x M.2 Key B 3042/2280 socket (PCIe/USB3/USB2)
- 1x M.2 Key B 3052/2280 socket (PCIe/USB3/USB2)
- 1x M.2 Key E 2230 socket (PCIe/USB)
- 32x Isolated DIO: 16 DI, 16 DO
- Optional 2x SUMIT (Stackable Unified Module Interconnect Technology) A/B slots with customized chassis
- Security – Infineon SLB9670 TPM 2.0 chip, SPI Interface
- Power, HDD, PoE, WLAN LEDs
- Front-access RTC battery
- Watchdog Timer
- Smart Management – Wake on LAN, PXE
- HW Monitor – Monitoring temperatures and voltages. Auto throttling control when CPU overheats.
- Power Supply
- 9V to 50V DC input via 3-pin Terminal Block with V+, V-, Frame Ground
- Ignition Control – 16-mode Software Ignition Control
- Remote Switch – 3-pin Terminal Block
- Dimensions – 260 x 240 x 79mm
- Weight – 4.5 kg
- Temperature Range
- 35W TDP CPU : -40°C to 75°C, fanless operation
- 65W TDP CPU : -40°C to 55°C, fanless operation
- Storage – -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity – 5% to 95% Humidity, non-condensing
- IEC 60068-2-27
- SSD : 50G @ wall mount, half-sine, 11ms
- IEC 60068-2-64
- SSD : 5Grms, 5Hz to 500Hz, 3 Axis
- EMC – CE, FCC, EN50155, EN50121-3-2
The system can be wall mounted with a bracket, and Vecow also provides a VESA mount and/or a 2U rackmount as options. The company supports Windows 10 and Linux on the fanless Raptor Lake-S embedded computer both for the 35W TDP and 65W TDP parts, but the latter can only operate in a narrower -40°C to 55°C temperature range.
We previously wrote about similar Alder Lake-S embedded systems with the ASRock iEPF-9010S/iEP-9010E Edge AIoT platforms offering a greater range of interfaces and up to 128GB, but the systems are actively cooled instead of being fanless like the Vecow embedded computer. There’s also the ECX-3100 with similar features as the ECX-3200, except the 2.5GbE camera ports are gone, and it only comes with 16 isolated I/Os instead of 32.
Vecoew did not provide availability or pricing information, but this type of system should cost several thousand dollars. More information about the ECX-3100, ECX-3200, and ECX-3100MX (M12) may be found on the products page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.