Advantech AIMB-218 motherboard offers a choice of low-power Atom, Celeron and Pentium Elkhart Processor, and thanks to the larger form factor plenty of I/Os including four display interfaces (DP++/HDMI/eDP/LVDS) supporting up to three display, eight USB port, six serial COM port, and dual Gigabit Ethernet.
- SoC (one or the other) –
- Intel Atom x6413E quad-core processor @ 1.50 GHz / 3.0 GHz (Turbo) with 16EU Intel UHD graphics; 9W TDP
- Intel Celeron N6211 dual-core processor @ 1.20 GHz / 3.0 GHz with 16EU Intel UHD graphics; 6.5W TDP
- Intel Celeron J6413 quad-core processor @ 1.80 GHz / 3.0 GHz with 16EU Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Intel Pentium J6426 (new part) quad-core 2.0 GHz / 3.0 GHz with 32EU Intel UHD Graphics; 10W TDP
- System Memory – Dual-channel DDR4 3200 MHz SDRAM up to 32 GB per SO-DIMM
- Storage – SATA III port, M.2 SSD NVMe support (See Expansion section), 256 Mbit SPI flash for BIOS
- Video Output / Display Interface
- HDMI 1.4b
- DP++ 1.2
- Optional LVDS or optional eDP
- Triple independent display support with the following configuration: DP + HDMI, DP + HDMI + eDP (optional), or DP + HDMI + LVDS(optional)
- Audio – 1x Line-out by default, converts to Mic in or Line in
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet via 2x Realtek RTL8111H transceiver (no 2.5GbE)
- Optional WiFi/Bt via M.2 socket
- USB – 3x USB 3.2 Gen2 host ports, 1x USB 2.0 host port, 4x USB 2.0 interfaces on internal header
- Serial – 6x serial ports including COM1 (5V/12V selection), COM2 with support for RS-232/422/485, set by Jumper; and optional COM3~COM6 ports with support for RS-232
- Expansion –
- M.2 E key socket for a wireless module (Type: 2230)
- M.2 B key socket for storage and LTE module, only support PCIe x1 signal (Type: 2242/2280)
- PCI Express x1
- 8-bit GPIO header
- Misc – Watchdog Timer with system reset, PS/2 KB & MS connectors
- Power Supply- 12V DC via 2.5mm DC jack or internal 4-pin power connector; Supports AT/ATX mode
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range
- 0 ~ 60 °C with 0.7m/s airflow (for D/J/L SKU)
- -20 ~ 70 °C with 0.7m/s airflow (for Z SKU, i.e. the Atom x6413E model)
- Storage – -40 ~ 85 °C
The company decided not to may make use of the HDMI 2.0 output and 2.5GbE networking found in Elkhart Lake processors. There’s no explicit mention of software support, except for Windows Embedded and Linux logos in the documentation. The Elkhart Lake mini-ITX motherboard is designed for fanless operation, and Advantech can also provide an optional 60 or 84W power supply and a mini-ITX chassis, plus various other cables and accessories.
The company says it is designed for industrial edge computing applications demanding high-resolution graphics and low power consumption such as retail displays, smart kiosks, digital signage, smart manufacturing, medical devices, and smart city traffic and parking.
The product page shows the information for AIMB-218 motherboard is still preliminary, so I’d assume the board may not quite be available just yet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|