SECO ICARUS is a Pico-ITX single board computer based on Intel Atom x6000E, Celeron, and Pentium Elkhart Lake processor that’s designed for edge IoT, AIoT, and computer vision applications.
The SBC ships with up to 16GB DDR4 IBECC (in-band error-correcting code) memory, eMMC flash and/or SATA storage, supports up to three independent displays, features two Gigabit Ethernet ports with TSN support, M.2 sockets for WiFi/Bluetooth and cellular connectivity, several USB ports, serial ports, and other I/O interfaces.
- Elkhart Lake SoC (one or the other) with Intel Gen11 UHD Graphics
- Intel Celeron J6413 quad-core processor @ 1.8GHz (3GHz Turbo); 10W TDP
- Intel Celeron N6211 dual-core processor @ 1.2GHz (3GHz Turbo); 6.5W TDP
- Intel Pentium J6426 quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz (3GHz Turbo); 10W TDP
- Intel Pentium N6415 quad-core processor @ 1.2GHz (3GHz Turbo); 6.5W TDP
- Intel Atom x6211E dual-core processor @ 1.3GHz (3GHz Turbo); 6W TDP w/ IBECC and IHS – Industrial
- Intel Atom x6413E quad-core processor @ 1.5GHz (3GHz Turbo); 9W TDP w/ IBECC and IHS – Industrial
- Intel Atom x6425E quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz (3GHz Turbo); 12W TDP w/ IBECC and IHS – Industrial
- Intel Atom x6212RE dual-core processor @1.2GHz (no Turbo); 6W TDP w/ IBECC, IHS, and TCC – Industrial
- Intel Atom x6414RE quad-core processor @ 1.5GHz (no Turbo); 9W TDP w/ IBECC, IHS and TCC – Industrial
- Intel Atom x6425RE quad-core processor @ 1.9GHz (no Turbo); 12W TDP w/ IBECC, IHS and TCC – Industrial
- System Memory – Soldered down LPDDR4-3200 memory, up to 16GB with IBECC supported only by Atom x6000E-series SoC (not the Celeron/Pentium SKUs); Speed: 4267 MT/s (single rank); 3733MT/s dual rank (16GB)
- Optional eMMC 5.1 flash soldered on-board
- M.2 SATA SSD slot (Socket 2 Key B Type 2242/3042); note: multiplexed with M.2 WWAN slot (See Networking section)
- SATA 3.0 7-pin M connector
- Video Output
- 2x multimode DisplayPort 1.4 on Dual DP++ connector up to 4Kp60
- 1x eDP 1.3 or single/dual-channel 18-/24-bit LVDS interface
- Up to 3 independent displays
- Cirrus Logic CS4207 HD Audio codec
- Mic In, Line Out, and S/PDIF Out, on pin header
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet with precision clock synchronization and synchronous Ethernet clock output for IEEE 1588
- M.2 WWAN slot for cellular modems (Socket 2 Key B Type 2242/3042 multiplexed with M.2 SATA SSD) + Nano-SIM card slot
- M.2 WLAN connectivity Slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth (Socket 1 Key E Type 2230)
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Type-A connectors,dual USB 2.0 pin header
- Serial Ports -2x RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 UARTs (software configurable) on pin header
- Other interfaces – 8x GPIOs, I2C, SPI connectors; 2x CAN connectors
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0 on-board
- Misc – Front panel header, fan connector, cabled coin cell battery for RTC
- Power Supply – +12VDC via 2-pin right angle or straight connector (factory configuration)
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (Pico-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – 0°C – +60°C (Commercial version); -40°C – +85°C (Industrial version)
SECO provides support for Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, and Linux via the Yocto Project. Public documentation is not available (yet).
The ICARUS is not the first Elkhart Lake Pico-ITX board, and we previously covered AAEON PICO-EHL4 SBC with very similar specifications, but using two HDMI ports instead of the two DisplayPort connectors found on the SECO board.
SECO did not provide availability and pricing information. More details may be found on the product page. As a side note, the Italian company also jointly introduced the ATLAS Qseven Rel. 2.1 compliant module based on the same Elkhart Lake processors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.