Renesas RZ/G2L or RZ/V2L Cortex-A55/M33 processors have found their way into several system-on-modules and single board computers recently with the likes of Geniatech AHAURA board, Avnet RZBoard, or ARIES Embedded MSRZG2UL OSM module among others.
Forlinx Embedded has joined the fray with the Renesas RZ/G2L-based FET-G2LD-C system-on-module, and a corresponding OK-G2LD-C development board with plenty of I/Os including dual Gigabit Ethernet, RS485 and CAN Bus interfaces, built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, plus an optional EC20 4G mini PCIe module.
- SoC – Renesas RZ/G2L (R9A07G044Lxx) dual or single-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @1.2GHz, with real-tme Arm Cortex-M33 core @ 200MHz, Arm Mali-G31 GPU with OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.1/3.2,Vulkan 1.1, OpenCL 2.0, 1080p30 VPU with H.264 AVC/MVC video encoding/decoding
- System Memory – 1GB / 2GB DDR4
- Storage – 8GB or 16GB eMMC flash, 16MB QSPI NOR flash
- 3x 80-pin B2B connectors with MIPI-DSI and RGB interfaces up to 1920×1080, 2x 1000Mbps Ethernet (GMAC), 2x CAN-FD, 7x UART, USB 2.0, SPI, I2C, ADC, etc…
- Supply Voltage – DC 5V
- Dimensions – 60 x 38 mm
- Temperature Range – -40 to 85°C
The company provides a Linux 4.19 BSP (which should be based on CIP Linux) for the module with source code, root file system, a Ubuntu VM with tools, a firmware flashing tool, and some Qt demos.
- SoM – FET-G2LD-C system-on-module described above with dual-core Renesas RZ/G2L processor
- microSD card slot
- 1x additional QSPI flash chip on carrier board (TBC)
- Display I/F – 1x 4-lane MIPI DSI FPC socket with optional 7-inch 1024×600 display
- Camera I/F – 26-pin MIPI CSI FPC socket with support for OV5645 sensor up to 2592×1944 resolution
- WM8960 audio codec
- 1W8Ω speaker headers
- 3.5mm audio jack with mic and headphone signals
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- 2.4 GHz WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.0 via RL-UM02WBS-8723BU-V1.2 module + SMA antenna connector
- Optional 4G LTE module (EC20) plus SIM card socket and SMA antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- 2x CAN FD via terminal block
- RS485 via terminal block
- 2.54mm pitch GPIO header with 3x I2C, 1x PWM, 1x UART, 3x SPI,16x GPIOs
- 2.54mm pitch header with 8x ADC
- Debugging – 10-pin JTAG connector
- Misc – RTC
The Renesas RZ/G2L system-on-module and development board target applications in the industry, healthcare, electric power, vehicle transportation, security, energy and chemical industry, communication, and military sectors, where long-term support (10+ years) may be needed.
Pricing information is not available publicly, and you’d have to discuss it with the company to get a quote depending on your project’s requirements. More details about FET-G2LD-C SoM and OK-G2LD-C devkit may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.