VIA Technologies has recently announced the VAB-600 Pico-ITX embedded board featuring WonderMedia WM8950 ARM Cortex A9 SoC clocked at 800MHz. VIA targets in-vehicle infotainment as well as mobile and healthcare applications for the board despite an operating temperature range between 0°C and 60°C.
Here are the key features of this embedded board:
- SoC – Wondermedia WM8950 Cortex-A9 @ 800MHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash memory + 512KB SPI Flash for Boot Loader + microSD slot
- Video Output – Mini HDMI, on-board DVO (Digital Video Output) for TTL or LVDS display
- Video Codecs – MPEG2 [email protected], MPEG4, H.264 BP/MP/[email protected], VC-1 SP/MP/AP, VP8 and JPEG/MJPEG.
- USB – 2x mini USB 2.0 host ports
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (VT6113), 3G (SIM card slot) and optional WiFi support (VIA VNT9271B6050 WiFi module shared with one USB port)
- On-board Connectors:
- 2x COM connectors
- 1x RTC battery pin header
- 1x USB 2.0 connector
- 1x SPI connector for programming SPI Flash ROM
- 1x Keypad connector
- 1x CIR connector
- 1x Front audio pin header for Line-in, Line-out and MIC-in
- 1x Front panel pin header for system power-on, reset and power LED
- 4-wire resistive touch screen FPC connector (through VT1603A)
- 1x pin header for 1 I2C pair and 8 GPIO
- Optional battery charger connector with Smart Battery function
- Operating Temperature Range – 0°C to 60°C
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 95% (relative humidity ; non-condensing)
- Dimensions – 10cm x 7.2cm Pico-ITX form factor
The company provides board support packages (BSPs) for Android 4.0 and/or Embedded Linux (Kernel 3.0.8). Android 4.0 EVK is available for download here, but there’s nothing for Linux yet. Before downloading the file you’ll have to agree to a “Non-Disclosure and Recipient Acknowledgment for Short Term Sample Products Evaluation”, which I find a bit silly for a publicly available file…
VIA also offers a startker kit including VIA VAB-600 Pico-ITX board, VAB-600-A I/O card, VAB-600-C TTL Converter card, a 7” touch screen TTL panel, cables and a 18W AC adapter.
Sample units of the VIA VAB-600 Pico-ITX board are available now at an undisclosed price. Further information, including the board user’s manual and product brief, is available on VIA’s VAB-600 page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|