CNX Software’s Giveaway Week 2022 has just ended, and it’s time to announce the winners. Just like last year, some companies added to the review samples I offered with Rakwireless and ELECFREAKS offering a LoRaWAN devkit and an educational robot respectively.
If you check out the photo of the items given away below you’ll find quite more than seven because the SONOFF NSPanel kit includes four Zigbee modules, and more importantly, we also organized a parallel giveaway week on CNX Software Thailand with small boards such as the Raspberry Pi Zero W or XIAO BLE.
We had eight winners on CNX Software:
- NanoPi R5S gateway – Ingmar, GERMANY
- e-con Systems e-CAM20_CURB camera – Johnny, ESTONIA
- Pico:ed Smart Cutebot Kit – jednorozec, CZECH REPUBLIC
- Pico:ed V2 board – Leonardo, BRAZIL
- Sonoff NSPanel Pro and Zigbee modules – Tim, CANADA
- RAK Developer Kit (Air Quality Kit) – Magnus, SWEDEN
- GL.iNet GL-S10 BLE to MQTT gateway – Andrea, ITALY
- Mekotronics R58 mini PC – Thomas, USA
Most of the winners were based in Europe, but North and South America was also represented. We had no winners from Asia or Oceania, but this was partially mitigated with four winners from our contest in Thailand:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W – Akkarachai, Bangkok
- Pico:ed V2 board – Suriya, Khon Kaen
- Maker Nano RP2040 – Kanin, Nonthaburi
- XIAO BLE – Phiraphong, Nakorn Ratchasima
As a side note, following the giveaway, there are now over 100,000 approved comments since the inception of CNX Software blog in 2010.
We’ve just sent eight parcels this morning, and RAKwireless & ELECFREAKS will handle shipping this week if they haven’t done so already. Note that I’m using relatively inexpensive shipping (small packet or ePacket), and winners should receive their prize in two to four weeks. It was fun, but it’s getting more complicated with international shipping getting more expensive and fewer options now available, some sanctions impacted the giveaway event, and I’m about to lose my personal PayPal account in Thailand since foreigners will not be allowed to have an account by the end of the month due to anti-money laundering laws. But I’m confident we’ll find ways and have a successful Giveaway Week 2023 next year! Thank you to all who participated!
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.