Raspberry Pi cluster boards / solutions pop-up from time to time. But so far, I think we’ve seen only one based on Raspberry Pi CM4 modules with the upcoming Turing Pi 2 mini-ITX cluster board supporting four of those.
TECHBASE has now unveiled a different kind of Raspberry Pi CM4 cluster with ClusBerry 9500-CM4 integrating up to eight Raspberry Pi Computer Module 4 in a DIN-Rail housing for industrial applications.
ClusBerry 9500-CM4 is designed to be customizable with a choice of Raspberry Pi CM4 based modules and I/O cards:
- Standard 9500-CM4 cluster module with Compute Module 4 and a selection of configuration that include:
- I/O Controller with DI, DO, AI, 1-Wire, RS-232/485 and CAN interfaces
- Communication Gateway with up to 2x Ethernet, serial ports, wireless connectivity: LTE-cat.M1, 4G, 5G, LoRa, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Wireless M-Bus
- AI Gateway with Coral Edge TPU via PCIe M.2, or up to 4x Coral Edge TPU via USB3.0
- NAS File Server RPI CM4 module with 2x SSD SATA III and RAID support
- USB3.0 Hub RPI CM4 module
- Gigabit LAN/WAN Router RPI CM4 with additional 2.5GbE network card as an independent switch/router shielded from the mainboard cluster network
- SuperCap / Power management module for backup power supply (supercapacitors or Li-Ion battery) and ESP32 based sleep mode/power management
On of the software side of things, TECHBASE recommends the use of Docker and K3S lightweight Kubernetes for cluster management, while their NAS file server module would typically run ownCloud or Nextcloud software.
The company said the first prototypes are being developed, and customers wanting to get a solution based on ClusBerry 9500-CM4 should be able to obtain their chosen configuration(s) within two months depending on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 supply, and the selected expansion cards. There’s no product page as yet, and more details may be found in the announcement.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|