Gateworks GW7200 is a versatile dual Gigabit Ethernet industrial single board computer with an NXP i.MX8M Mini processor, 1GB to 4GB of RAM, mini PCIe expansion sockets for wireless connectivity, serial interfaces, industrial temperature range, wide range input voltage, and long-term supply.
The board should be a better match to projects with industrial requirements, for example, an industrial IoT gateway than lower-cost dual GbE alternatives such as NanoPi R2S or Raspberry Pi CM4 IoT Router Carrier Board Mini.
Gateworks GW7200 specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8M Mini quad-core processor @ 1.6GHz with Vivante 2D & 3D GPUs
- System Memory – 1GB to 4GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM Memory
- Storage – 8GB to 64GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot, serial configuration EEPROM
- Dual GbE Ethernet ports supporting 802.3at/af and passive PoE
- Optional 802.11ac/n WiFi 5/4 via mini PCIe socket
- Optional Cellular (Cat M1, 4G, 5G) via mini PCIe socket + NanoSIM card slot
- Optional u-blox GPS Receiver with MMCX Antenna Connector
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG port, optional host port
- Sensor – 3-axis accelerometer/magnetometer MEMS
- 2x High-Power Gen 2 Mini-PCIe Sockets for wireless connectivity
- Digital I/O & Analog Port, I2C & SPI headers
- RS232/RS485 and TTL Serial header
- MIPI-DSI + MIPI-CSI + I2S Audio expansion connector
- Debugging – JTAG connector
- Gateworks System Controller (GSC) adding support for Real-Time Clock with battery backup, voltage and temperature monitor, Watchdog Timer, etc…
- Tamper switch, fan connector
- Power Supply
- 8 to 60VDC Input Voltage via power barrel jack
- 802.3af/at Active or Passive PoE
- Consumption – 6W @ 25°C typical operating power; 15W available for Mini-PCIe Sockets
- Reverse Voltage Protection
- Dimensions – 100 x 70 x 21mm
- Weight – 74 grams
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
The company provides an Ubuntu Linux Board Support Package (BSP) for the board. The made-in-the-USA single board computer is part of the Gateworks 7th generation Venice family of rugged and industrial single board computers and targets small embedded applications such as IoT Gateways, Machine Learning, digital signage, and robotics. You’ll find hardware and software documentation in the Wiki.
The company offers four standard versions:
- GW7200-00 SBC with 1GB DDR4-2133 DRAM, 8GB eMMC flash
- GW7200-01 SBC with 4GB DDR4-2133 DRAM, 64GB eMMC flash
- GW7201-00 SBC with 1GB DDR4-2133 DRAM, 8GB eMMC flash, GPS
- GW7201-01 SBC with 4GB DDR4-2133 DRAM, 64GB eMMC flash, GPS
But the Gateworks GW7200 SBC can be further customized in terms of memory & storage capacity and connectors for orders of at least 100 pieces.
Pricing has not been made public and will depend on requirements and quantities. More information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.